PAYMENT & CANCELLATION SCHEDULE
We require a deposit of 30% of the final quotation to confirm the safari. This must be received before any bookings can be made. The balance is payable 60 days before planned starting date. If notice of cancellation is received at least 120 days prior to safari starting date, the deposit will be refunded, less $2,000.00 per person cancellation fee. Gorilla permits ($500 per person) are non-refundable.
- If notice of cancellation is received at 60-120 days prior to safari starting date, the full deposit is forfeited.
- If notice of cancellation is received 30-60 days prior to safari starting date, 50% of full safari cost is forfeited.
- If notice of cancellation is received less than 30 days prior to safari starting date, 100% of full safari cost is forfeited.
In view of the above, we strongly recommend purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
By booking and paying the deposit, it is deemed that our costings, terms and conditions have been accepted.
We reserve the right to alter or cancel any safari due to acts of insurrection, strikes, labor difficulties, acts of God or any other cause beyond our control.
RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE
Because so many tourists are coming to East Africa now, it is routine that the most popular lodges are overbooked. It is not uncommon for groups to arrive and find themselves shunted to an alternative lodge or even an alternative National Park. Donald Young Safaris, Inc. prefer to use our own private campsites, private ranches and private homes, not only to avoid crowds of tourists, but also to avoid having our reservations wait listed endlessly and then find that the lodge offices have overbooked. If you are using lodges on our programs, we will do everything we can to advise you of the status of your reservation; however, please note that we do reserve the right to substitute lodges/camps of equal quality if it becomes necessary.
The currency in Kenya is the Shilling, with an exchange rate of 82 Shillings to the American dollar. Although credit cards have become widely accepted throughout Africa (MasterCard and Visa are preferred; most venders do not accept American Express), we recommend you carry US Dollars minted since 2006. It is almost impossible to guess how much individual groups might wish to spend, but US $1000 seems like a realistic average.
YOUR TOUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- International airfares
- Tips to drivers, camp staff, guides, etc.
- Costs of obtaining passports and visas
- Excess baggage charges or shipping charges
- Excess mileage carried out at the request of the participants
- Items of a personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephone, cable or fax charges
- Travel insurance